Laboratoires Phytophar, based in Agde, in France’s Languedoc region, was established by two pharmacists passionate about the richness of the plant world. Phytophar is not about marketing ploys. Our position is summed up in the section called ‘Our philosophy’. We believe in high quality raw materials, working in the partnership with producers who refuse to compromise on quality in terms of the manufacturing process (distillation, cold pressing etc) and a demand for quality in the production of cosmetics. The effectiveness of our products or ‘therapeutic supplements’ ensures high quality cosmetic treatment, beauty and pleasure.
Supplier to aromatic healthcare professionals and informed consumers of high-quality products, LABORATOIRES PHYTOPHAR constantly seeks to offer the highest quality products and to choose the best aromatic batches for its AGAT’HE range.
All of the essential oils used in the creation of synergies have the following properties:
- They are local products created using artisan expertise, a combination of tradition, science and a precious heritage regulated by the standards imposed by organic farming and the demands of modern therapeutics.
- LABORATOIRES PHYTOPHAR chooses only natural essential oils distillated by small producers with a quality label and in compliance with clear specifications. The quality of the products is based on the guarantee of organic, eco-friendly farming methods. All essential oils extracted by large-scale industrial distillation processes are therefore unsuitable. Cultivations must not have been exposed to cocktails of chemical fertilisers, synthetic pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, fungicides or other potentially harmful chemicals..
It is essential that the plants be cultivated with care, by people who respect nature.
We insist that all of our oils be certified organic. This is first and foremost key to producing a therapeutic grade oil. Our choice also highlights the importance of eco-friendly and ethical practices.
In these conditions a plant is much more likely to become rich in sophisticated active principles and not to remain a mere unrefined organic compound with few beneficial properties.
- Our essential oils are guaranteed 100% pure and natural. They have not been mixed with solvents, diluted, terpenated, modified, rectified, reconstituted etc.
- The plants and therefore the essential oils have their own complete, authentic “identity card”:
- Botanical identity: the latin name must be provided( the species defined by the genus and completed by the variety) as well as the part of the plant used (entire plant, flower, leaf, root, bark, pine-needles) due to the fact that the biochemical composition of the essential oil varies greatly depending on the part of the plant used.
- Biochemical identity: Chemotypes; all of the oils in the products have a known biochemical composition which is identified using gas chromatography and mass spectrometry. These modern quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques are essential as they reveal the potential therapeutic properties of the essential oil.
- Geographic origin and specific regional characteristics: the properties of essential oils vary according to the biotopes from which the plants come i.e. soil type, climate, altitude, exposure to the sun etc.
- Farming method: wildcrafting, organic etc
- Full traceability, from the field to the consumer, allows for an irreproachable quality control of the essential oils.
- Our essential oils are extracted exclusively by steam distillation, at low pressure and the lowest possible temperature, over a sufficiently long period of time, in small stills which allow all of the volatile fractions to be extracted and, at the same time, all the therapeutic properties to be transferred.Citrus oils are extracted by cold pressing to avoid over-oxidation and the aromatic molecules being damaged.
This process is influenced by our desire for excellence and represents LABORATOIRES PHYTOPHAR philosophy.
At the request of LABORATOIRES PHYTOPHAR the choice of raw materials and manufacturing techniques is controlled, and the range is subject to the scientific approval of AROMA-SCIENCES. Today it is recommended that pregnant and breastfeeding women avoid when possible the chemicals found in particular in certain cosmetics, creams, dyes and perfumes. The same is the case for children to protect them from certain illnesses which could subsequently develop during adulthood. We should therefore remain cautious with regard to ‘bottom-end’ cosmetics which may be attractive in terms of their price and, but for which you may pay a heavy price later.
It is for this reason that AROMA-SCIENCES is meticulous and makes well-informed choices for the AGAT’HE range.
AROMA-SCIENCES is a consulting firm in scientific and medical aromatherapy managed by a Doctor of Pharmacy and highly committed to the academic field. It respects medical regulations and refuses to accept any compromises when it comes to the quality of either raw materials or the finished product.
Whether the product is for therapeutic use or simply for comfort, beauty or well-being, the demand for quality must remain the same.
An essential oil is rarely used on its own. It is preferable to use several essential oils either mixed, or as perfumers and oenologists would say, blended, in order to complement or complete the actions of an oil.
The benefit of a synergy blend is in the enhancement of the desired effects, whether they be therapeutic, cosmetic or other.
If, for example, we have two essential oils, the principle of synergy dictates that using 2ml of only one of the oils will have a lesser effect than a blend containing 1ml of each oil.
However, this principle only works when the essential oils blended together are complementary, and not when the oils are incompatible. It is therefore a job for specialists.
In the synergies created by LABORATOIRES PHYTOPHAR and its consultant AROMA-SCIENCES the quality of the products is further enhanced.
The products of LABORATOIRES PHYTOPHAR range reveal the powerful treasures that nature has to offer. Whether you want to use AGAT’HE essential oils for its health benefits or for its cosmetic purposes, being aware of the potential benefits and the limits of the oils is the first step towards an improved well-being and serenity: it is the first lesson nature has to offer !
LABORATOIRES PHYTOPHAR, based in Agde, in France’s Languedoc region, was established by two pharmacists passionate about the richness of the plant world. LABORATOIRES PHYTOPHAR is not about marketing ploys. Our position is summed up in the section ‘Our philosophy’. We believe in high quality raw materials, working in the partnership with producers who refuse to compromise on quality in terms of the manufacturing process and a demand for quality in the production of cosmetics.
LABORATOIRES PHYTOPHAR is developing products in every domain: therapeutic, cosmetic, well-being and simple enjoyment.
The new concept of ‘therapeutic supplements’
Priority 1: SAFETY
Your well-being is a precious and unique asset. For this reason we treat it with all the care it deserves, and employ every safety precaution so as to avoid any allergic reactions. Our products are:
- Produced using maximum safety precautions so as to avoid any allergic reaction.
- Alcohol-free to prevent burns.
- Free from animal products.
- Free from colorants and additives.
- Free from industrially manufactured products for example, mineral oils, paraben, penoxyethanol and quaternary ammoniums such as lauryl.
- Free from all synthetic substances.
Priority 2: A NATURAL PRODUCT
We come from nature not industrial chemistry…
From the dawn of time the human body has been in contact with products coming from the natural world which we ourselves are a part of. The body recognises and appreciates these living substances which are, for many, beneficial. Even the most efficient compounds produced by modern industrial chemistry, and in particular the petroleum industry, are considered foreign bodies and the body will sometimes reject them.
In general these products come from the petroleum industry. Petroleum originally comes from living substances which have subsequently been fossilised and transformed by decomposition. Products produced using petroleum cannot therefore bring any additional ‘living’ benefits to the body.
These inanimate substances are, without doubt, highly useful to other inanimate objects, allowing them to exert a mechanical activity, one which, unfortunately leads to pollution and entropy of the environment (as the second law of thermodynamics teaches).
Our aromatherapy ranges use pure, natural, essential oil chemotypes and virgin vegetable oils extracted only by cold-pressing, drawing on medical expertise and state-of-the-art research carried out by scientists passionate about nature.
The only carriers used by LABORATOIRES PHYTOPHAR are fragrance-free unrefined virgin vegetable oils and 100% pure and natural essential oil chemotypes.
Whilst some boast about using up to 30% vegetable oils, AGAT’HE’s pure, natural synergies contain up to 97%, of sometimes rare vegetable oils, which are used as carriers and much more besides. Each of these vegetable oils has its own specific properties; analgesic, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, restorative, cicatrisant, offering protection from direct sunlight etc.
Priority 3: EFFECTIVE AROMATIC CARE
- Conclusive testing, natural greatness, and aromatherapy which is family oriented and medically based.
- A concentrated solution of aromatic actives, present in balanced quantities consistent with the body’s needs, designed to achieve the optimum level of well-being.
- A sophisticated blending technique which combines natural ingredients to ensure maximum effectiveness.
The blending and balance of ingredients are determined by tradition and pharmaceutical knowledge for optimal effectiveness.
Even after decantation and three successive filtrations, certain virgin vegetable oils are naturally dark in colour. The fragrance and texture of these oils are often less refined than those of certain industrially-manufactured, commercialised products.
The ecological and rustic side of the LABORATOIRES PHYTOPHAR’s aromatherapy range is closely linked to its demand that only natural products be used. The effectiveness and safety of our aromatic treatments is guaranteed by our use of 100% natural products.
Don’t forget that any product which has been chemically refined will have a stable, consistent fragrance and colour and will therefore be more visually attractive for the consumer. However, behind this appearance hides a potential subtle risk of toxicity, which only becomes evident after the oil has been used for a certain period of time. And then the damage can be significant.
Steam distillation at 100°C results in an inevitable decrease in the quantity and quality of actives (due to the saturation of polyunsaturated fatty acids and their decreased concentration) and the systematic destruction of anti-oxidising vitamin E. The addition of water means that bacterial contamination is always possible during such a process, even when it is well controlled. This can be avoided if antibacterial additives are used to sterilise the composition.
The same is true for the refining process, the use of solvents and the addition of mineral oils.
AGAT’HE is a range of paramedical cosmetic products, already well-known in the medical field and dispensed in pharmacies as products designed for comfort and well-being.
These products are not medecine. They simply aim to improve the well-being of those people who put their trust in natural products. Nevertheless their recognised benefits and properties can often compliment and reinforce medical treatment. They are therapeutic supplements, similar to dietary supplements which are already widely acclaimed.
This concept is at the heart of LABORATOIRES PHYTOPHAR’s philosophy.
In order to satisfy their demands for quality, LABORATOIRES PHYTOPHAR has banned all unnatural methods and has made traditional methods innovative.
Priority 4: PLEASURE AND PERFORMANCE
LABORATOIRES PHYTOPHAR aims to combine an effective treatment with pleasure.
For example, a synergy for healthy joints combines the strong green fragrances from aldehydes with the oil’s natural salicyclates. For purely cosmetic synergies, skin moisturisers, facial, body care, anti-cellulite and anti-age treatments remedies which bring some pleasure are suitable.
The fusion of scientific precision and pure subtle fragrances and textures is naturally an integral part of LABORATOIRES PHYTOPHAR’s philosophy which works for your well-being.
Produced using virgin vegetable oils (extracted by cold pressing) rich in vitamins and essential fatty acids, and essential oils which respect strict quality standards, AGAT’HE synergies are suitable for use by the general public and professionals.
These massage and beauty oils are a ‘therapeutic supplement’, ensuring a high quality cosmetic treatment.
The diffusion of essential oils involves dispersing a mist of active potentially anti-bacterial, anti-viral and immunostimulating molecules in the form of micro oil droplets, with the aim of purifying a room’s atmosphere.
The choice of which essential oils to mix is important to ensure that the oils interact intelligently in synergy.
Discover Diff’Aroma on then website diffarom.com
The flagship product of the range is the food odour powder which you put in your shoes.
When you are wearing shoes your feet can not breathe freely. They suffer and sweat.
Sweat is one of the ways by which the body controls its temperature. The amount of sweat can vary considerably from one person to another and can at times be excessive. This is called hyperhydrosis. This excessive sweating can occur even without high temperatures or physical exercise.
Normally the sweat does not smell. When it is decomposed by bacteria in your shoes, however, this can cause a bad, at times sickening, smell.
Pedicool combines rosemary and lavender essential oils which working in synergy prevent decomposition by bacteria and absorb humidity which builds up in the shoes and the soles.
This puts an end to your shoes and feet smelling bad.
Other products in the range include:
– Foot bath powder containing mint essential oil which relaxes and refreshes.
– 3 in 1 oil: It hydrates, relaxes and prevents excessive perspiration
– Massage oil to alleviate heavy legs.
Discover Pedicool on the website pedicool.com
A 100% organic range of phytotherapy products
This range which is currently being developed is composed of products which contain only 100% organic substances.